- 500 g firm fish fillets
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion finely, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 45 g kalamata green or black olives, pitted and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon white wine (optional) replace with 1 tbsp tomato juice.
- 1 tablespoon fresh (1 tsp dried) Basil Leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh (1/2 tsp dried) Thyme Leaves
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut fish in to serving sized pieces & place in a single layer in baking dish. Bake 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and garlic and sauté 5 minutes (or until onion is softened).
Add tomatoes, olives, wine/juice, basil, garlic and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, over a medium heat 3 minutes.
Remove fish from oven. Spoon sauce over fish.
Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with baked sweet potato and salad or green vegetables.